How much fun can u have cruise n’ with your teenager? One day at sea – I was the financial conduit for beverages & gifts. My son told me his happiest moment on the ship – eating French fries, drinking coke & playing video games. Could have stayed in SF for that program.
Wear2Where Cruise Attire
If you cruise in this attire you will be very popular!
- Need Uggs for running around
- Sweats/sweat shirt for lounging
- Cashmere cozy dress
- 2 pair high heels, so what if you have to walk 12 flights of stairs
- Tennis shoes for excursions or workout which I never did
- Warm down jacket with hood (I forgot the hood)
- Umbrella which I also forgot
- Dance shoes and attire dance parties all night long
- Hat or ear muffs & warm gloves, think ski attire
Diet Cruise Plan
- Don’t eat 2 donuts at breakfast
- Don’t beg for pancakes after station closed
- Don’t go to afternoon tea, it’s not about the tea but really about cookies
- Exercise – I never found the fitness center til last day
- Take dance classes even if it’s the waltz
- Don’t circle the buffet table way too dangerous
Cruise the Food
No where to go 3 stores comprise the town. Stay on ship with a cruise cocktail.
Salmon fishing, of course. First time fishing we caught 4 fish. Had no idea how much work involved to prep fish for market. So much easier to just order off menu. No stores in town. Saving money on this trip. Snappy fishing attire.
Took high speed boat looking for wildlife. Pouring rain, rough waters and only saw one deer. Could have seen that in San Mateo. Wore everything I owned and anything left over from Jordan, still not enough. Called for additional Alaskan Beer that night to bring up the body temperature.
Wear2Where Cruise Tips
- Don’t book excursions through cruise line- no flexibility, no refunds
- Ability to add excursions on shore at lower cost
- Barb would do research of ports. Helps to negotiate private tranportation
- Beverage package for teenager huge value. Are 5 cokes a day too much?
- Best travel to Alaska really starts mid July when salmon are running, also determines ability to see wildlife.
- Travel with layers of clothing.
- Watch for hidden ship costs, drinks, spa, bingo,arcades, Internet.
Why Cruise? Great way to meet new friends. Friendships transcend all trips! Talk to everyone. Met someone briefly at breakfast ended up salsa dancing with their family that night. They were so nice I want to go on their next vacation!